A few tweaks to improve UI/UX

Summary

Some UI/UX changes to make Sushi’s interface a lot less cluttered and a lot less overwhelming for the typical newbie user.

Abstract

As a user interface and user experience (UI/UX) enthusiast, while the sushi.com homepage is neat and clean and while I like Sushi’s look and branding, it greatly irritates me how overwhelmingly full of links and info the app.sushi.com page is. And as a new $SUSHI holder, this actually made me create an account here just to post this. :grin:

Proposed changes

1. The sort of “updates” popup: need I say more? it literally takes 1/4 of the page with just so so much text.
    Before:

After:

Also, once the user closes the notification through the “x” button, it shouldn’t appear again the next time the user opens the page. (the current popup appears every single time you refresh the page)

2. Minor tweaks to the left sidebar: there’s just too much links in my opinion, whereas your typical user wouldn’t be that much interested in some of the links(docs and such).
    A quick before and after here:

These are just 2 out of a few ideas I have to clean up the UI a bit that immediately came to mind after 15 minutes of looking at the page. Not sure what your opinions are, but yea. Will probably show more if you guys are interested (and if I actually have the time lol).

And yes, in hindsight, these are just minor tweaks. But these are tweaks that make quite a difference in the overall user experience.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: and yea I almost forgot. Night mode. :smiley:
1 Like

afaik the update popup will be gone soon

Great. I’m not sure how frequent Sushi pushes out such updates on that kind of popup, but hopefully it wouldn’t be displayed that way next time.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don’t mind the update popup at all. Transparency is important and I think having that update is important.

Transparency is great. It’s just that there are far better ways to handle notifications. Fortunately, they’ve already updated this recently:

Now that’s more like it!

1 Like

HI My group western country or Singapore group how r u doing today ? all heathy .

16_23KPIiiZ9LW@X&k