Announcing Head Chef Candidacy for Jared Grey

First, I would like to say ‘Hi’ and introduce myself to the Sushi community. My name is Jared Grey. I’m a 20-plus-year veteran of the tech industry and a computer engineer. In 2004 I founded an I.T. and Engineering consulting firm, which operated until 2016. I successfully bid on hundreds of government and corporate contracts with my consulting firm. I routinely won contracts to design and build embedded and distributed system solutions for institutions like N.O.A.A., the Pentagon, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, the Israeli Defense Ministry, and many more.

In addition, I owned and operated a computer hardware brokerage business and had numerous e-commerce businesses selling computer hardware products in multiple B2B and B2C verticals. My time as a consultant and in business provided me with valuable experience in business administration and development, software, and hardware design, navigating regulatory red tape, and more. I regularly performed in high-stress and mission-critical environments. Notably, my work with N.O.A.A. directly contributes to the safety and welfare of millions of people. For illustration, the project for N.O.A.A. (the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) required me to design, build, and deploy a state-of-the-art N.O.C. monitoring system for seismic alert activity from California to Alaska.

In late 2015, I entered crypto part-time and, in 2016, joined the space full-time, shuttering my consulting firm. I started by contributing engineering and business admin consulting to blockchain start-ups. Since entering the crypto industry, I’ve operated as a C.E.O. of a centralized exchange, contributed to DeFi as a project founder and multi-sig treasury signer, and raised millions of dollars in public and private financing to build solutions and protocols. As C.E.O. of the Bitfineon exchange, I worked in a heavily regulated vertical, which gave me priceless experience in understanding the legal hurdles of building and operating a global crypto business. Also, I raised funds to prototype a mobile and web app called EONS, whose purpose was to bridge DeFi products and services to neo/challenger bank customers.

I believe I offer a strong candidacy for the Head Chef role because my business and crypto experience strengthens the Sushi vision of decentralization and financial autonomy via superior products. If given the opportunity, my goal as H.C. would be to create optimal operational efficiency in business development, administration, treasury, and expenses. Then, I would work to establish trust in the H.C. leadership as transparent, ethical, and reliable with timely goal setting for proposals to increase revenue and product optimization. I believe Sushi could greatly benefit from optimizing and leveraging its current line of products to increase revenue, offering the least expensive path forward. Additionally, I believe in simplifying user experiences across the existing product suite, focusing on non-crypto natives that need simple-to-use functionality to take advantage of and participate in the market without undue technological barriers to entry, which continue to plague the industry. For example, I was encouraged by the Sushi Academy presentation showcasing the team’s interest in attracting new users via education.

I look forward to expounding on many business and product topics in the coming weeks on this post and in the Sushi Discord server. Please post any comments or criticisms in the comments section. I am happy to field any questions from the community and welcome your due diligence.

You can find out more about me at some of the links below:

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaredgrey/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jaredgrey
Discord: Jared Grey#6551

2 Likes