Co-Authored by Tangle and 0xMaki
Implement Stargate Omnichain native asset bridge into Sushi to allow for Omnichain Token Swaps.
Sushi has been a first mover towards a multi-chain or cross-chain protocol, and is currently deployed across 16 different networks and counting.
It is currently extremely time consuming and a negative experience to swap native chain tokens against non-native ones e.g. BNB → AVAX → ETH
This currently requires multiple steps with various 3rd parties.
Months ago, a video was created by Primo which shows a swap and transfer across networks to a different asset. This shows a side by side comparison of swapping and using a 3rd party bridge, and another while remaining inside the same UI. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFnF1dgbF00
Stargate is the first User Application built on top of LayerZero, and is an Omnichain asset transfer protocol that leverages the Delta Δ Algorithm to solve the bridging trilemma:
- Instant Guaranteed Finality: the guarantee of funds on the destination chain when a transaction is successfully committed on the source chain.
- Unified Liquidity: the shared access of a single liquidity pool between multiple chains.
- Native Assets: the user-desired assets (native or most liquid synthetic) on the destination chain.
Developer Docs : Stargate - Stargate
We propose to have Sushi integrate Stargate to facilitate Omnichain native asset swaps and transfers between networks. This will help unlock the power of Sushi by allowing users to move freely between assets and networks.
- Integration to enable better UX for swaps across multiple networks.
- Deploy supported assets in BentoBox as a strategy (LP on Stargate to earn additional yield for the users assets)
- Receive Partner kickback to Treasury
- Maximize volume on Sushi pools
Integration will support 7 networks at launch and will continue to expand to where Sushi has meaningful TVL.
Another interesting feature of Stargate is the ability to check and see if the user has enough native gas on the destination chain. If the user does not, it can take some of the users native source gas, and drop some native gas to the user on the destination chain so they can now transact with their assets. This eliminates the pains and struggles of trying to find a gas faucet, requesting gas from another user, or trusting that a User Application will send you enough gas after transferring.
Stargate has committed to help with resources for Sushi to help make this as light of a lift for the Sushi Team as possible. Stargate will help make this integration happen at no cost to the Sushi Community. Hurts nobody. Helps everyone.
Unlock a new feature in DeFi to make Sushi remain one of the top innovators in the space.
Too much work and effort with not enough benefit.
Yes - Embrace the Omnichain Future
No - This is fine