Frog Nation <3 Sushi

I will vote against it
Mainly because I think the other proposals are more fleshed out and keep the vision of the community owned AMM intact. Here too much power is given to a few people and we see where that has led us. We need a clear structure of how the DAO works.

I would like to have you on board, or work together in partnerships. But I think the future for Sushi should be a mix of the samurai and arca proposal.

15 Likes

this poll is purely for sentiment, an actual vote would be put on snapshot and be weighted by sushipowah

3 Likes

This is going to get a no vote for me. The proposal gives too much power to someone who has his focus elsewhere. Dani is the visionary of several other projects, ICE, SPELL, TIME, and MIM and turning around SUSHI will require his full attention. In my opinion, Dani cannot give what is required to this project.

Also, I am concerned with the idea of an outsider coming in and making such massive structural changes. We are a community and someone like Dani just wants to port over Frog Nation without mixing in the sushi community. Just not a fit for me.

7 Likes

not the most detailed but daniele has a history of executing projects well. philosophies are well aligned to sushi. i think it is a plan worth giving serious thought to. I think he has the most experience and understands what sushi needs the most.

8 Likes

I think a post from each person named here with their particular unique edge is a must
The proposal looks great for Sushi that being said what would these new team members responsibilities be and what sort of control can we expect they would have?

3 Likes

Certainly like some of the ideas brought forward. And I do believe SUSHI needs new leadership with vision. However, I think this would give Dani too many roles, potentially conflicting from time to time. He would have 2 masters: xSUSHI holders and sSPELL holders. I’d rather see someone like Dani dedicate 100% of their focus on Sushi. But if it’s between the free floating current mess and this, I guess anything beats the current situation. I still believe that a snapshot vote (Yes/No) followed by elections on this is the fastest and fairest way out of this mess: Community election of new interim CEO - and Dani could be elected through this as the best candidate.

9 Likes

Agreed. SUSHI needs to stand on its own and give power back to the community, NOT centralise within a third party who gets a sweeping mandate to run it according to their own vision and integrate it under a wider umbrella of tools. NO vote from me.

3 Likes

Yes, I believe in your vision

1 Like
  • mechanism to enable Sushi holders to vote onto Onsen, but with subsequent rewards automated through analytics
  • continuing the work to decentralize Miso through governance
  • extending governance to bentobox and various strategies
  • further mechanism to handle and distribute grants

Agree that a great token model is essential. And the team has put a lot of thought already into implementing these ideas around decentralizing curation into Miso, Onsen and a revamped governance process.

Very exciting proposal,I hope we can go ahead, together we are strong

1 Like

Now the community has questions about Omakase’s ethics, so he is not suitable to serve as the head of operations. He needs to make a public statement explaining the #CREAM token loss event!

4 Likes

There is a saying, people don’t leave jobs they leave bosses.
Who we choose to head Sushi next is of great importance, and needs to be someone, or group, who can not only unite contributors, but can also help to restore the communities faith in leadership.

Sadly I feel there are just too many unresolved concerns when it comes to Omakase.
Would very much like to see some of these addressed before moving on.

As for the proposal, it seems a bit transparent and even detached in some areas.
It totally attempts to brush aside concerns expressed at length by the community, and even tries to deflect blame on community managers who have been actively supporting them.

It was awkward to see the main twitter profile suddenly jump to support our democratic process here, and just adds to the already plastic taste in the mouth.

I would caution against putting egos ahead of what’s best for Sushi. Much love.

10 Likes

I am strongly against this proposal.

Simply because of the next actions of Omakase, I strongly believe everyone have the right to say that they are against.

Everything started because Omakase didn’t want transparency, and now, censhorship by Omakase, AGAIN ?

Never my vote here.

And, to be honest, who is behind this proposal ?
I mean, immediately after, it was shared by our official twitter account and some members of our team, which was not the case for others proposal, maybe I miss something no ?

Here is some proof, because everyone need to know and I’m TIRED of this drama.

Sorry Omakase, but you don’t deserve to be at head of operations.
If someone say " Amazing, yes please " it’s good, but if someone said the truth or is against this proposal, you ban and check e-mail ? Congrats, you break everything, again.

Post deleted, I don’t see any violation here, just censorship :

id: 12620
created_at: 2021-12-13 07:40:34 UTC
user: wellnuss (well)
topic: Frog Nation <3 Sushi
post_number: 18
raw: I'd vote against this one to be honest, Daniele is pretty low integrity guy, he'd just renege on any agreement we made when it became convenient
id: 12616
created_at: 2021-12-13 07:25:46 UTC
user: jameskent0 (James K)
post_number: 17
raw: **MY EARLIER COMMENT/ACCOUNT WAS REMOVED BY THE MODS HERE. DO I NOT HAVE MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH?**

Omakase has been recently implicated for attempting to push a refund for his own misfortune from Cream hack through Sushi Operations Multi sig for around $100k Sushi which was above and beyond $1m during the occasion. **I don’t have the certainty to place Omakase in any position of authority whatsoever.**
id: 12611
created_at: 2021-12-13 07:04:14 UTC
user: CryptoRadi (unknown)
post_number: 15
raw: Are you serious? Your projects are built on hype, with no real vision or use case other than to entice people to invest based on frog nation hype. Sushi does not require more centralization like how you are doing with TIME.
id: 12579
created_at: 2021-12-13 05:48:16 UTC
user: jameskent (James)
post_number: 4
raw: Omakase has been recently implicated for attempting to push the refund for his own misfortune from Cream hack through Sushi Ops Multi sig for around 100k Sushi which was above and beyond $1m during the occasion. I don't have the certainty to place Omakase in any position of authority whatsoever.

15 Likes

Yes, I totally agree with you, at least Joseph, Omakase, Rachel, Keno, Nori
These 5 people should not appear in SUSHI leadership positions.

6 Likes

Not enough details in this are regarding the expectations and responsibilities of these three leadership positions. As well as the rights of Sushi and limitations of power within this partnership, I’d like to see more.

What kinds of changes would require a vote vs delegated to leadership? For example

3 Likes

damn, this is actually totally fucked. I’m good with the proposal moving forward to a vote if daniele can name a dif head of ops. also all 3 should pitch themselves on the forums, call it a decentralized interview.

3 Likes

If Daniel is serious about building Sushi back up, then he is more than welcome to apply for one of the roles the restructure will create.
There will be room for new people taking on responsibility, there will be room for new partnerships forming, there will be room for people within the current team to flourish, there will be room for outsiders to join.

But right now this feels like taking control and using the existing infrastructure to boost his current projects without solving any of the fundamental issues.
Don’t get me wrong, what he says about the fleet of sushi products is correct, and I have no problem working together with Popsicle, Abracadabra or Wonderland on projects while decisions are made on a case by case basis.

A complete lack of the community beeing able to keep tabs on our leaders leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
There seem to be a lot of people supporting this proposal, but most of them are new accounts, so take it with a grain of salt. The community seems to prefer the other proposals put out in the last few days.

8 Likes

Long proposal

Short too long didn’t read by me:

Daniel wants to get more access to the community: they want to set up and gain legitimacy as a special board along with @OmakaseBar

Anything with a centralised structure that has a lot of decisional power behind closed doors is BAD cuz it’s not TRANSPARENT

Setting up power grabbing institutions is kinda shady, while this proposal is basically a “hire these three people to fuck your shit up in many ways”

Just make hire proposals for each individual with each of their policies and then do open AMAs for the community to confront them individually before hiring

Also I think this is likely a supply chain attack from Omakase to take over more of sushi governance

Act accordingly.

EDIT: got banned from the sushi discord after vocalising that omakase is behind the ongoing governance attack

3 Likes

Today, many new registrations vote in agreement with Daniel’s proposal. I think it is very strange. It should be suggested that those who registered today cannot participate in the voting. Accounts registered at least one month ago have the right to vote

3 Likes

dannie will bing sushi to a better future

2 Likes