Sushi and me
For the last 4 months I’ve worked pretty much full-time on Sushi. From the exciting start, through the drama, through the migration, through the low times of an ever declining Sushi price to the exciting road ahead we have now.
Some of my contributions to date:
- Did the first and only test migration on Ropsten testnet
- Created https://app.boring.finance
- Identified the problem with SushiMaker and fixed it (serving of USDT was broken)
- Took over protocol maintenance from SBF and team. Created tools to manage the MasterChef contract through the TimeLock and multi-sig wallet effectively.
- Championed and organized the Menu of the Week system
- Proposed and implemented emission reduction schedule
- Implemented 2/3 lockup (even though I wasn’t a fan of this solution :P)
- Invented and created BentoBox and the BentoBox Lending solution
- And I’ve been helping out in the discord and discussing many proposals on the forums, writing some Medium post to inform the community, etc.
While working on BentoBox I’ve developed my vision of where I think we can go as Sushi as I have laid out in this post: https://boringcrypto.medium.com/bentobox-to-launch-and-beyond-d2d5dc2350bd
If the community at a high level backs this vision, then I’d love to turn this vision into reality in the role of Lead Architect for Sushi. This role would involve the following:
- Setting a roadmap for core Sushi development
- Vetting the roadmap with the community
- Delivering on the roadmap together with the core team and many great contributors
- Helping/guiding any “side projects” to create the best integration with the core Sushi protocol
- Communicating the planning and progress made and incorporating feedback
In terms of hard skills, my focus will be on:
- Designing, writing and optimizing the Solidity code
- Standardizing and optimizing of coding patterns within the full stack
I will NOT be doing the “people management”, such as hiring, firing, etc. These responsibilities lie with 0xMaki and the community. I will work collaboratively with the current core team as well as the many great contributors we have.
- Coding since 1982. From optimizing assembly for the Pentium dual pipeline, via large enterprise databases, through 3D engines to making embedded systems play the Imperial March.
- Built a CEX from scratch focused on security and transparency in 2018 (great tech, no users…)
- Founded, ran and sold a shopping related website (1.5M unique visitors/month)
- But mostly, you can look at my contributions over the last 4 months to Sushi
Quarterly Performance check
Every quarter I’ll put up a proposal on snapshot to end my role as Lead Architect. If the community is not happy with my performance, this will be an easy way for the community to move in a different direction.
First I’d like to point out that with the rising price of SUSHI, I do believe the core team is currently a bit overpaid. Although we have to keep in mind that a large part of this is the reward for believing in Sushi when things weren’t going great and sticking with it and taking a risk. This risk should be rewarded.
Since I’ve been part of this ride since the beginning I feel it’s fair that I would receive compensation in line with the other members of the core team (or the compensation of the core team should be adjusted, which I would support).
Please vote yes if you:
- Agree with my vision for Sushi
- Think I’m the right person to implement this vision
- Think I should be compensated in line with the other core team members
Just vote no if you disagree with any of these… thanks
- Yes, let’s go!