I would like to propose the launch of Kashi farms on Polygon.
Kashi farms are a valuable instrument for incentivising lenders to keep their assets on Kashi by allowing them to earn additional yield on the Kashi tokens (km-) they receive from depositing assets.
Said farms are currently available on the Ethereum mainnet but not yet on Polygon, where users’ Kashi tokens offer them no additional value.
Launching Kashi farms on Polygon would attract more liquidity into Kashi and make the platform’s availability of lendable assets more reliable both during market swings (when lenders might be tempted to use their assets elsewhere) and during lulls (when borrowed % goes down and APRs drop), both of which are very desirable qualities in a lending platform.
Lending pairs with high liquidity and high borrowed % would be prioritised as they both contain the most assets (in $ value) and are the most requested by borrowers; currently the top 5 are:
- USDT lent / WETH collateral
- AAVE lent / USDC collateral
- USDC lent / WETH collateral
- DAI lent / WBTC collateral
- DAI lent / WETH collateral
A snapshot of the top X lending pairs could be taken at a specific block if the proposal were to be formally approved.
Monetary incentives to bootstrap the farms would need to be allocated as well, together with a marketing budget to publicise the launch and thus capture additional asset inflow from the public.
How much to allocate, for how many farms, for how long and with which emission curve are topics beyond my expertise so I’d like to ask the community to please pitch in and discuss the actual numbers.
- attract more liquidity into Kashi
- make the platform’s availability of lendable assets more reliable
- opportunity cost of allocating rewards, developer time and marketing effort to launch Kashi farms on Polygon instead of working on other features or subsidising other activities
- 5 Kashi farms on Polygon, initial reward 100 Sushi/day for each
- 5 Kashi farms on Polygon, initial reward 50 Sushi/day for each
- 3 Kashi farms on Polygon, initial reward 100 Sushi/day for each
- 3 Kashi farms on Polygon, initial reward 50 Sushi/day for each