Nansen Connect <> Sushi

Multi-Authored by: Nansen (Laveen - @itslaveen, Bob - @bobw0, Greg - @gregpnansen) & Sushi (Truda - @Trudahamzik)

Synopsis:
The main goal is for Sushi to work closely with Nansen to set up a Sushi community channel on Nansen Connect to allow all Sushi token holders & liquidity providers to identify each other and securely connect with one another via various Sushi channels that are gated. e.g. ETH/USDC liquidity providers on Sushi can now discuss various liquidity deployment strategies with each other, Allows the Sushi core team to cut through all the noise and identify and get proper feedback from $SUSHI token holders.

What is Nansen Connect?

Nansen Connect (current in beta) is a Web3 powered messaging tool for communities and projects to connect, build, and discover alpha together. Watch demo here.

Web3Auth

• Login in to Nansen Connect with the wallet of your choice

Wallet-to-Wallet Messaging

• Send DMs to any unique wallet address with full end-to-end encryption

Exclusive Web3 Communities

• Hodlers → Gated access based on NFT and token holdings
  • Wallet Labels → Gated access based on Nansen’s wallet labels, such as Smart Money, Millionaire Club and Airdrop Pro

Enriched with Nansen Analytics

• User Profiles → View a user’s holdings, Nansen labels, and more
  • Nansen Smart Alerts → Receive alerts from your communities — and track market movements in real time

Nansen Connect Communities

The real value of Connect comes from our communities. Connect’s unique gated communities power high-signal, low-noise conversations with users that you know share your passion.

• Nansen → e.g. Smart Money Label, Rare NFT Collector Label, and Smart Alerts
  • Token Projects → e.g Sushi, Lido DAO, and Yearn Finance
  • NFT Projects → e.g Pudgy Penguins, Forgotten Runes, CyberKongz

Nansen Connect for Community Owners

Control Access → Create multiple channels based on Token allocation and holdings (e.g. specific channels for Team Members, Project Investors, or high-value hodlers)

Inspire Engagement → Share Nansen-powered insights as Smart Alerts, conduct soft polls, get rich project feedback, share roadmaps, and shape future proposals

Unlock Community Insights → Build a picture of your community beyond their username and pfp with Profile-level Nansen analytics (view a users holdings, Nansen labels, and more)

What’s Next?

Nansen’s ultimate goal is to become the #1 messaging platform for Web3 communities.

In the near-term we’re focused on launching features that make Connect communities an incredible experience for members and for community managers. This includes:

• Enabling anyone to create a new community on Connect.
  • More personalisation — creating a high-signal, low-noise experience
  • Improved accessibility — including a mobile version of Connect
  • Integrations with your favourite marketplaces

Specifications

Below is a list of planned Sushi Communities on Connect to start:

1. SUSHI Announcements – (1 $SUSHI to join) For all Sushi announcements, posted by Community Admins
  2. SUSHI DAO – (100 $xSUSHI to join) Wider Sushi Community
  3. SUSHI Alerts – (100 $xSUSHI to join) Free on-chain alerts about $SUSHI & $xSUSHI tokens, including:
  • Smart Money Buying or Selling $SUSHI
  • Monitoring Top 20 Wallets holding $SUSHI
  • Huge buying and selling of $SUSHI
  1. SUSHI Core Team Chat – (10,000 $xSUSHI to join) Connect directly with Sushi’s head chef, core team members and other fellow high rollers
  2. SUSHI Whales Chat – (1,000,000 $xSUSHI to join) Connect directly with Sushi’s head chef, core team members and other fellow whales

Closing Notes

Sushi has a diverse range of products and is still constantly growing and scaling. Nansen Connect will allow the team to focus and seek to get accurate feedback from verified token holders through various outreach campaigns.

Key points for discussion

• What other gated channels would the community like to see implemented?
  • What other smart alerts do the community think will be useful for them?

Screenshots

1. Communities Page

2. User Profile with Nansen Labels

3. Community Smart Alerts
Community with Smart Alerts

Launch a gated Sushi Community on Nansen Connect

• YES - Implement it ASAP! Let me connect only with verified Sushi token holders
  • NO - Proposed features are not needed

0 voters

Poll

Build a poll using the Build Poll function, check out this link (Create a poll that others can vote on - users - Discourse Meta) for a guide on how to build a poll

4 Likes

@Trudahamzik - thanks for bringing this forward.

Watched through some of the demo, seems interesting. I have a few questions:

1. How is the Connect Community managed? What kind of work is required by the core team? Is there moderation to filter signal and noise? Have admins already been selected?
  2. For the Wallet-to-Wallet messaging, does it require both wallets to opt in?

Lastly, for the “Specifications” section - how are these levels of xSUSHI decided? Was this proposed by the core team or based on token-holder data - it seems a bit arbitrary.

While clean numbers are great and easy, it would be awesome to understand the logic behind these levels.

4 Likes

Hey Fig,

From what I know, Nansen will be giving Sushi admin control to moderate the channels. Sushi has also not selected the moderators for this since it’s a temperature check. No other heavy lifting is required by the core team as well.

As for the levels of xSUSHI, the list was proposed by me. Would love more feedback on how it should be switched up. There was no logic behind the levels, I just pulled data from Etherscan and though it’d be good for the core team & head chef to properly connect with the top 200 holders of xSUSHI, hence the levels.

Understand there are also some concerns of chat/content fragmentation since we can also implement something similar on Sushi’s discord with bots. However I do get PTSD sometimes when connecting my wallet to collab.land etc, thus this is where Nansen Connect comes in.

1 Like

This proposal needs more clarity on the ask the and potential trade-offs for Sushi.

It sounds like Nansen could do this without Sushi support if they wanted to, so what is the cost or core team change you’re asking for? I get admin control, but what is the impact on Samurai team time/effort? Is there a cost associated?

Can you please describe risk factors or trade-offs we should be aware of. It sounds like the product is set-up to discuss yield strategies, could large holders also coordinate in a way that negative impacts the Sushi? If we encourage more community discussion on Nansen, how does that impact or degrade the community experience on Discord?

Do you know how many Sushi token holders are already Nansen users? Do you need to be a Nansen subscriber to participate?

General comment

I am generally for more social experiences that are wallet/chain native. Sushi should be thinking about how we can build social interactions around the protocol that encourage community and protocol growth. This includes Sushi token holders and users.

Why is Nansen Connect better than Collab.land? More privacy?

This proposal needs more clarity on the ask the and potential trade-offs for Sushi.

It sounds like Nansen could do this without Sushi support if they wanted to, so what is the cost or core team change you’re asking for? I get admin control, but what is the impact on Samurai team time/effort? Is there a cost associated?

Can you please describe risk factors or trade-offs we should be aware of. It sounds like the product is set-up to discuss yield strategies, could large holders also coordinate in a way that negative impacts the Sushi? If we encourage more community discussion on Nansen, how does that impact or degrade the community experience on Discord?

Do you know how many Sushi token holders are already Nansen users? Do you need to be a Nansen subscriber to participate?

General comment

I am generally for more social experiences that are wallet/chain native. Sushi should be thinking about how we can build social interactions around the protocol that encourage community and protocol growth. This includes Sushi token holders and users.
[/quote]

interesting stuff for sushi and nansen