CEA will develop an educated and passionate community of nearly 500 individuals that attacks analytic challenges in real time.
The program will drive on-demand data needs - as well as customer acquisition, ecosystem growth and token circulation.
Below is the proposal, what do y’all think?
Three questions in particular we are really interested in the community’s thoughts on:
- You all are the experts - what are the most effective ways to find the questions that the community is most interested in addressing via analytics?
- Any processes or forums that are in place already that you would suggest implementing/engaging with to keep a live pipeline flowing for the questions the community is most interested in?
- Any nominations for who should be on the Oversight Committee?
Otherwise, any thoughts, criticisms, or builds are all very welcome - let’s make an awesome program together!
Community-Enabled Analytics (CEA) is a free analytics solution combined with an extensive bounty program, designed to reward community members for learning about, analyzing, and publishing blockchain data.
- SQL query-able pre-modeled and labeled data with visualization studio - free to all end users.
- API ready - each query automatically generates a configurable, read-only API endpoint that allows data to be piped to any supporting service (including Google Sheets & Research, Tableau, Python, R, and others)
- All data is downloadable via CSV.
- Multi-chain support including Polygon & Terra with Arbitrum, Optimism, and other EVM compatible chains coming soon.
- Community Requested Queries - a format for the community to ask for specific queries to be developed and produced on-demand.
- Community members receive bounty rewards in the native token to utilize the product, conduct complex analyses, and build compelling tools to support SushiSwap and the broader crypto space.
The power of CEA is the variety and depth of analysis that can be performed. From research reports, to custom dashboards (both built with API or visualization studio), to custom interactive tools like LP calculators, CEA analysts can deliver on whatever analytics the ecosystem needs most.
- Custom Interactive Dashboard for AAVE: As part of the grant for CEA, Aave was looking for an interactive dashboard comparing liquidity and other key metrics across v1, v2, and eventually Polygon (being adding shortly) – a CEA community analyst built this custom dashboard as a result.
- In-depth Research For Terra: At the request of Terra’s founder, our community analysts produced robust research on Airdrop campaigns across the ecosystem. 3 separate elite analyst teams tackled Terra’s top protocols respectively (Anchor, Mirror, Pylon plus the whole ecosystem) to assess Airdrop efficacy.
- LP Calculator for Uniswap: Despite V3s dominance, users were having considerable difficulty understanding how to deploy the best strategies on V3 - so as part of our UGP grant the V3 calculator was developed. In the first 3 weeks there were 1100 clicks to Uniswap, 8.9k unique users,13.8k sessions.
Flipside’s value proposition begins with analytics, but extends into community member acquisition and drives token circulation and retention:
- Acquisition: Utilizing a series of educational programs (see Terra scavenger hunt, SQL training solutions, AAVE Cheat Codes), and a hands-on community and analytics team, we activate new participants into the ecosystem. This teaches new users how to actually use a complex protocol, how to think about the underlying mechanics, and even how to start becoming adept at using SQL to build queries and public-facing insights. Across previous programs, nearly 69% of bounty recipients had never held protocol tokens before.
- Retention: This guiding metric is the percent of distributed tokens that are not sold or swapped after they are received. This reflects a traditional retention metric: the community member has chosen to remain involved in and supportive of the ecosystem. Across programs for other customers, 77% of bountied tokens remained within the ecosystem.
→ 50% of this will be delivered to ecosystem community members as bounties ($41,667 per month):
All bounties are delivered through weekly programs: Flipside sources questions from Sushi and the community, prepares a bounty construct, releases to the community, QAs all results, and distributes bounties to the most effective outcomes. This is a complex and very time consuming process, but the return is significant: extremely directed results that serve core team and community needs with immediacy. Bounties range from $40 to $650 each, determined by the complexity of the request.
→ The other 50% ($41,667 per month) is the subsidization of operational and infrastructure costs.
A key provision is to ensure data remains free and accessible to Community Participants at all times.
This subsidy covers all aspects including pipelines of transformed analytics-ready data, an open API, and the structuring, management and quality control of the bounty program and analytical outcomes.
Additionally, the subsidy addresses infrastructure costs inclusive of node management (ETH), compute / storage needs (AWS), data warehousing (Snowflake) and a variety of other software / architecture tooling requirements to sustain and make Flipside available to analysts of all levels.
Given previous programs, the expected results from a year of bounties would be as follows:
~ A community of 460 educated analysts to produce on-demand insights for Sushi
~ 27,000 $SUSHI retained in ecosystem
~ 350+ unique dashboards, queries, visualizations, & in-depth analyses, plus premium interactive solutions including a Trident concentrated liquidity calculator.
It’s critical that assets are managed effectively and are delivering value to the ecosystem.
Two components provide effective checks and balances to ensure maximum accountability to the Sushi ecosystem:
Oversight Committee: whose purpose is to ensure that the grant proceeds are applied in a manner consistent with its design. The Committee will meet quarterly to review and ensure accountability, and take a vote annually to evaluate the continuation of the program. The Oversight Committee will be composed of 5 members chosen by the SushiSwap community. A Flipside representative will be present at the meetings to provide information and context when/if the committee asks for it, but will not have a vote.
Transparency Dashboard: Results of the program will be broadcast live via a custom dashboard for the Sushi community.
With the requirement for analytics to grow rapidly with Trident, CEA will engage the Sushi community, by both sourcing data needs as well as offering extensive opportunities for analysts to earn $SUSHI for their efforts.
Additionally, CEA will bring new users to the protocol, motivating analysts to provide protocol insights, and drive token retention by distributing $SUSHI to highly engaged users.
- Dedicated online portal for community-sourced analytics requests, which will be turned into bounties.
- Direct opportunities for Sushi community analysts to produce and earn.
- Free historical state-ready, transformed SushiSwap data for SQL analytics - as well as visualization and API solutions.
- Educational content for analysts of all levels to activate within the SushiSwap ecosystem. Beginners can learn SQL, advanced users can optimize results to deliver sophisticated solutions, including development of a SushiSwap fee calculator
- Analytics requirements also sourced directly from Sushi Protocol Members.
- Structured bounty programs activating analysts to produce outcomes. Includes quality control of results to ensure the data is effective and correct.
- Bounty rewards (in $SUSHI) delivered into the hands of community members, activating new members and retaining participation.