Shogun Proposal

The upcoming launch of Shoyu and Trident have demonstrated that the SUSHI community strongly supports the idea of a strong ecosystem that extends beyond just AMM. NFTs (through Shoyu) and DeFi (through Trident) are just a start. Recently, OmakaseBar mentioned that it is possible to provide lending, using NFTs as collaterals. Simply put, sky’s the limit.

We have zero doubt that building great products with superb product market fit is a great step in the right direction, and we are thankful that the Sushiswap Team has continued to deliver on promises.

But, we should not forget that great products alone do not build a great community. Part of what creates a great community, we think, is by generating incremental value for the ones who support the ecosystem the most, i.e. $SUSHI holders. This is done by making sure the $SUSHI token captures the value of all our efforts. Everytime something is done right, $SUSHI holders should benefit, and rightly so.

Currently, $SUSHI stakers earn a percentage of fees generated on the platform. However, we would like to draw everyone’s attention to the $SUSHI holders who do not stake. Do they believe any less in the community? The answer is probably no.

As we look forward to more innovation within Sushiswap, we can’t help but wish that the $SUSHI token would take center stage.

Thus, the SHOGUN Proposal

We would like to propose wider use cases for $SUSHI (other than xSushi and oSushi):

• Platform users should enjoy a discount if they paid fees in $SUSHI
  • $SUSHI should also be the preferred token for all services (buying an NFT, paying back a loan, investing in a token launch)
  • Everyone under the payroll of Sushiswap should be paid at least in part $SUSHI
  • Part of the earnings (i.e. 10%) of the platform should be converted to $SUSHI on a periodic basis

Why Shogun?

Traditionally, Shoguns were appointed by the emperor to work closely with other classes in Japanese society, including civil servants, who would administer programs such as taxes and trade. In this simple-worded proposal, we saw it fitting to be codenamed “SHOGUN”, as we have hopes that $SUSHI will be the de facto token used to conduct commerce and trade within the Sushiswap ecosystem.

-TRR -

3 Likes

I’m not immediately opposed to making $SUSHI the centerpiece token. Although, I might disagree on the staking issue. I do believe staking is a more determined community member. Alas, that doesn’t matter a great deal to the proposal. As $SUSHI is the entry level for anyone involved in the community and any involved with the brand, I think it makes sense to give it some additional weight.

With that said, I’d really like to see opposing views on the proposal. On its face, I’m not opposed. But would like to see other thoughts/comments.

• Platform users should enjoy a discount if they paid fees in $SUSHI
  • $SUSHI should also be the preferred token for all services (buying an NFT, paying back a loan, investing in a token launch)
  • Everyone under the payroll of Sushiswap should be paid at least in part $SUSHI
  • Part of the earnings (i.e. 10%) of the platform should be converted to $SUSHI on a periodic basis

For the platform you are talking about Shoyu or all the deployment of Sushiswap when paying fees in $SUSHI ?

I don’t think pushing $SUSHI as the mean of exchange for everything is good some projects might want to raise (on Miso) stablecoins or ETH so they can easily provide liquidity afterward defeat the purpose or add friction if they need to raise sushi then sell some for it.

Everyone under the payroll is already in part paid in $SUSHI

All the fees generated by the Exchange are currently being swapped to $SUSHI multiple times a week.

Shoyu the fees end up in a multisig that will periodically do the same as the exchange and swap the various currencies received into $SUSHI.

3 Likes

The idea of spending Sushi for Sushiswap’s full suite of products makes sense, but I agree we should not apply a blanket rule, as suggested - to reduce friction.

On Miso,
How about looking at this point from the investor pov? For example, what grew Binance in was in part one had to own BNB to participate in the IEOs. If that incentive can be built in to MISO, would be interesting.

On Shoyu,
Shoyu launching and incentivizing creators to accept Sushi would be cool too.

If these are already in the plans, then please ignore my humble comments.

1 Like