Sushi Governance Process and Cadence
Creating a process and cadence for proposals in the Sushi Governance process is crucial. We also need to look at suggested timelines for votes on Snapshot. It would be useful to set up a Governance Committee that can ensure the correct process for proposals to make it to Snapshot for voting. They can also help advise and shape any parts of the proposal to ensure its delivery is understood to its full capacity. There are also proposals that have passed a Snapshot vote, and need further review, or strategies on how to execute and implement them.
- Create a committee to own the Governance process within Sushi. This committee can help strengthen ties between the community/DAO, DeFi power users, Ops/Core, influential investors, and the proposers. Creating a process will help increase awareness, engagement, and transparency. It may only need to be 2-3 people to be effective.
- Have the committee revisit existing passed proposals, look at ways to execute or implement, and outline the steps required to do so.
- Dedicated time period for votes. Perhaps a specified time for standard proposals (7 days), and expedited timelines for time-sensitive proposals with proper exposure (4 days).
- Review SUSHIPOWAH threshold: Same, lower, higher?
- Add xSUSHI-ETH, SUSHI-FRAX, and tSUSHI to SUSHIPOWAH
- Transparent reporting for the community/DAO with up to date developments.
- Providing further engagement from the Sushi Marketing team to raise awareness through Twitter, Discord, medium, etc.
- Direct outreach to those involved in the Proposal Committee with a detailed outline of what is up for bi-weekly review.
- Further promotion and exposure of the Sushi Forum call.
- Directing more attention and traffic to the Forum site for deeper engagement. Incentives such as POAPs for engagement are something that has been conceptualized.
- Leveraging the Samurai’s and the Journalists tools such as the Sushi Times for greater reach, exposure, and interaction.
- Greater frequency of updates to the community during this concentrated period of building and shipping.
Details of the workflow around the lifecycle of proposals:
Proposals can continue to be brought in directly to the Forum for review by community and team members. Polls and comments can be tallied.
Proposals posted before Monday 23:59 UTC will be up for discussion during the Weekly Community Forum Call held on Thursday’s at 19:00 UTC.
After Proposals have been discussed on the Weekly Forum Call, they will remain up for review for 1 week.
Feedback in the Discourse Forum can be applied to the proposal as edits over the week. If the proposal is gaining traction and has positive sentiment towards it in a poll created, it will be brought up at the Weekly Forum Call the next week.
We will review the proposal again, and have any final comments on it. If positive sentiment and no objections to the proposal from community or Core, then it will be put in queue for Snapshot voting. We can discuss the window length of the vote, but will propose either 4 or 7 days as options.
Snapshot voting will have a bi-weekly cadence with a start date as Monday ~18:00 UTC.
With the increase of SUSHIPOWAH (SPOW), we will allow more participants to weigh in on the voting process. With the proposed pools, here is a current idea of how much can be added:
→ xSUSHI-ETH: 1.4M @ 2:1 = 2.8M
→ SUSHI-FRAX: 220k @ 2:1 = 440k SPOW
→ tSUSHI (Tokemak): 4.9M SPOW
Total Added: ~8.14M SPOW for Governance
There will be a dedicated person or persons in the Governance Committee who will be in charge of ensuring Snapshot cadence protocol is followed for posting the proposals for voting.
All proposals that go up to Snapshot will get marketing and awareness from Sushi. Announcement Tweets on Twitter from SushiChef account, ReTweets from various Sushi members, announcements in Discord, articles in the Sushi Times, Medium articles, coordinated efforts with protocols involved with the proposal, etc. Hopefully with this coverage and inclusion of extra SUSHIPOWAH, this will be sufficient coverage to inform the voting caucus.
In order for a vote to pass, it needs to reach a quorum where it meets or exceeds 5 Million SUSHIPOWAH in favour of it.
If the vote fails, the proposal can go back to the drawing board and begin the process again.
If the vote does not reach quorum but has overall positive sentiment, we can look at posting the proposal again with any required adjustments from voters, and attempt to increase exposure.
If the vote passes, a communication group will be created (if not done already) to work towards next steps with the Core Team to issue any funds, or provide required support to implement the proposal.
The Governance Committee will continue to engage bi-weekly or monthly at a minimum with the proposer to ensure the proposal gets implemented correctly and has the support required.
Hopefully with this framework, we can start to build out a process that is clear and effective that can ensure the success of governance in Sushi.
This is a framework for now, and specific details can be fleshed out in the discussion around this. Some polls will be available as a temperature check for feedback.
Improving the current governance structure to ensure process and clarity. Also grow participation in governance within the Sushi Community, and inspire others to get involved.
Too complex, and would require too many resources. Process if sufficient as is.
Process and Cadence
- Implement process and cadence to Sushi Governance
- No Thanks
- Add tSUSHI, xSUSHI-ETH, SUSHI-FREAX to SUSHIPOWAH
- No change to current SUSHIPOWAH
- 7 Days
- 4 Days
- 4 or 7 Days depending on proposal needs