Summary of Discord Discussions by cash aka xasd
Most of these points revolve around transparency, incentives, and compensation.
- Greater transparency into the role & ownership of core.
- To be informed on external deals exceeding over a certain threshold.
- Greater accounting transparency of ops wallet, probably quarter to quarter high level reports.
- Transparency around product delays and blockers
- An easy way to find opportunities for contribution within the DAO.
- More investment into BD, Marketing, PR, and Design
- More involvement of core members in community channels and discussions (a symptom of under-sourcing)
- Greater headcount, greater total compensation, and transparent bonus structure that aligns and rewards incentives.
- Devs and other members are being poached by other organizations that can offer greater compensation and benefits.
Some of xasd’s thoughts:
The Sushi treasury currently sits at $67 million — we should not be losing our members to other organizations , bc of compensation, and people should not be putting in 100+ hours a week with this type of capital and talented community at disposal. Overworking leads to being burned out and making mistakes.
Let’s keep in mind that sushi is one of the largest dao. DAO coordination/organization is still a very new problem space. Problems are natural and solutions will take time as we learn more as the biggest mover in this space. Let’s focus on building a better future & working together — we all want the same thing.
Shoutout to everyone who participated in the discussion and making their thoughts known
Some proposals are floating around internally and within the community. Let this be a place for discussion and collaboration