Team Proposal: Chester LaCroix

Hello friends,

I’ve been contributing as my schedule allows to SushiSwap since September, and I would like to help out more and come onboard full-time as a core team member.

I am not including any salary numbers in this proposal, as my salary would be determined by what is adopted in the upcoming Hiring Guidelines proposal.

You can read the full details of my proposal which also includes visual examples and links to the work I have submitted here: https://www.notion.so/Chester-x-SUSHI-7d892cea38be44a193f2356aa4341312

Here are some highlights:

• I have been contributing UI/UX design, social media graphics, branding ideation and other miscellaneous visual tasks for nearly 5 months.
  • I have a lot of plans and ambitions for a full-time position, including working with the devs for a visually unified, branded, and easy-to-use UI that combines all the products/applications of SUSHI as well as content, community, news and more in one package.
  • Part of this involves creating standardized visual components, colors, fonts, etc to be used across all iterations of the SUSHI ecosystem.
  • I have a large background in marketing and have submitted a marketing proposal before. Up to this point, marketing has only been a large focus for the Chinese market - but as things evolve and more marketing is planned in English, I intend to help out with ideas, visual content, and more as I am able to.

I am very passionate about this project and adore everyone on the team and all the innovative, creative ideas they bring to the table. My work situation has prevented me from giving more of my time and energy to this project, and so I hope that by becoming a full-time team member I can contribute more work than before, and work that is also higher-quality.

Thank you all for your support in the past on Miya and I’s marketing proposal, and for all the good feedback I have received from the community in the past several months about the things I have been working on.

Hire Chester?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

I had the pleasure of getting to know Chester through working on SushiSwap and value him not only for his work and team spirit.
He has been closely working with the core team already, so I think he would be a natural fit.

1 Like

I think this would be a great opportunity to share your portfolio with the community. Looking forward to see it!

@SushiAllDay A more in-depth explanation of everything I’d like to contribute, as well as a portfolio of my work is in the notion deck from the original post here :slight_smile: Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

2 Likes

@Rapidfire there’s been a few versions of a hiring guidelines proposal in this forum, and a third one is coming shortly. I am following that proposal for what my compensation would be.

I have been working with Chester and he is a great value to the team! Love SUSHI branding asset designs that he designed!

Overall, been fantastic to work with the past 5 months and glad he’s getting a chance to join full time! he has brought so much to Sushi so far and can only imagine how much he can bring once he is full time.

Massive yes from me!

I can’t speak to his contributions, but in the core team call I thought to myself he has style I bet you he is on the graphic design side of things lol